Safety and Security Tips: Buying and Selling
Anamo is concerned about the safety and security of our customers. Accordingly, we have put a number of technological protections in place to ensure that our transaction process is extremely safe and that our customers' information is secure.
Additionally, Anamo takes a number of steps to help ensure that our third-party seller platforms are safe and that our sellers are of the highest quality. However, keep in mind that customer protection is a two-way street. When buying or selling on any online venue, caution must always be practiced.
The overwhelming majority of online transactions are completed without incident. While the possibility of being defrauded by a third-party seller is minimal, there are some risks. Anamo has developed the following guidelines to help ensure that your online shopping experience is safe and secure.
Safety and Security Tips
Buyer and Seller Tip: Protect your passwords.
- If using a public computer or terminal, always sign out when you complete an online session.
- Keep your passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
- When creating a password, use at least 8 characters-a combination of letters and numbers is best. Do not use dictionary words, your name, email address, or other personal information that can be easily obtained. It is also recommended that you frequently change your password. If you need assistance with this, visit our Changing Your Password page.
- Avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
- Passwords are case sensitive. For instance, "PASSWORD" and "Password" are two different passwords. When choosing a password, remember the capitalization you use.
- Passwords must be a minimum of 6 characters.
- It's best to avoid passwords that are easy to guess, such as "secret", "password" or "letmein". We also suggest that you avoid using your name, email address, or other personal information that is easily obtained.
- Though it's not a requirement, adding numbers or special characters to your password will make it even stronger. For example, the password "rivers2!%" is a much stronger password than "rivers".
- Guard your password carefully. Remember, anyone who knows your password may access your account.
Buyer and Seller Tip: Be wary of unsolicited email and telephone contacts.
- Anamo will never email or call a customer and ask that they disclose or verify their Anamo password, credit card, or banking account number. Such information should only be submitted when completing an order on Anamo, contacting Anamo directly, or when making updates to Your Account or Seller Account areas. If you receive a suspicious email with a link to update your account information, do not click on the link-instead go directly to www.anamo.eu and then to your account. You can find out more about How to Identify Phishing or Spoofed Emails.