Privacy at Anamo
Privacy and security are two of our biggest priorities at Anamo. Read about how we keep you and your information safe.
Last updated: 14 of October, 2009. To see what has changed, click here.
c/o Anamo Inc.
Makedonias 37th Street Thessaloniki-Kalamaria, Building Anamo
Ai Giannis, Thessaloniki, 55132
What Personal Information About Customers Does Anamo Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at Anamo. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Anamo or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of Anamo on other Web sites.
- Email Communications: To help us make emails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open email from Anamo if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as personalized advertisements, and storage of items in your To-Buy List between visits.
Does Anamo Share the Information It Receives?
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We work closely with affiliated businesses. In some cases these businesses operate stores at Anamo or sell offerings to you at Anamo. In other cases, we operate stores, provide services, or sell product lines jointly with these businesses. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share customer information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and email, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of Anamo customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign out when finished using a shared computer.
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
Our site includes third-party advertising and links to other Web sites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party Web sites.
Anamo also displays personalized third-party advertising based on personal information about customers, such as purchases on Anamo, or use of payment services like Checkout by Anamo on other Web sites. Although Anamo does not provide any personal information to advertisers, advertisers (including ad-serving companies) may assume that users who interact with or click on a personalized advertisement meet their criteria to personalize the ad (for example, users in the northwestern Europe who bought or browsed for classical music).
Which Information Can I Access?
Anamo gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with Anamo for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such Anamo features as Your Profile, To-Buy Lists, and Customer Reviews.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you do not want to receive email or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences.
Are Children Allowed to Use Anamo?
Anamo does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use Anamo only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
User Agreement, Notices, and Revisions